Monday 22 May 2017

The Weekend

Thought I'd give a post title that sounds like it could be a film :) Wasn't sure where to pick up from but as it's Monday the weekend seems to make sense - like 'show and tell' that I used to facilitate in our little family school :) I loved hearing about what they'd been up to :)

So on Saturday I had a day of 'inner healing' at church while my mum had the kids! I got them all up, dressed and fed, and took Eddie to his swimming lesson and my mum took over from there :) 

We were really well looked after at church - croissants etc for breakfast, lunch laid on for us :) The team made us feel really loved, wanted, valued and welcome :) The theme of the day was 'blessing' :) We looked at what the bible says about how powerful our words can be to bless and to curse. We received individual prayer and we had a lovely, peaceful day :)

I returned to my blessed brood just as Bilbo was beginning to teeter on the edge of freneticisn, not knowing what to do with himself. My parents were brilliant with them. I'm so thankful for them :) They had obviously been having fun - there was evidence everywhere: paint, balloons, junk modelling, bikes :) It was what some call 'the grot slot' though so good timing for an extra pair of hands I think :) I ran a bath for Freddie and suggested putting the telly on for the other two but they went loopy in the garden instead and the swing frame ended up horizontal but I think that was due to the mud as much as anything :) We got some food in them then I took them to feed their dad's cat (he's away) and then proceeded with bedtime at home.

Yesterday we went to church where Freddie bounded up to his god father who scooped him up in his arms and Freddie gave him a big squeeze cuddle and stayed with him during sung worship as he often does :) It has been so immensely helpful for me since he's been doing that because it means I only have two to keep track of :) -At the inner healing day one of the people who prayed for me referred to the boys' "super-human energy"!! They do charge about a lot! I think in church it's partly nervous energy because it's a big space and sometimes Bilbo just doesn't know where to put himself. Things are getting easier lately with there being more things to focus on such as a giant white board to write/draw on (there's  just the challenge of keeping contributions appropriate sometimes!) :)

After church I took the boys into the Peak District. They complained to high heaven in the car but I knew I just needed to grit my teeth and they'd be happy as soon as we were there, and they were :) We had a lovely time :) Sunday afternoons can sometimes be a bit lonely if I haven't arranged in advance to meet up with another family but it is nice to just be us sometimes too, if tiring. I do like adult company though. Another lady at church was saying she finds Sunday afternoons lonely. It's something I have to really be proactive about. The kids like us to hang out with other people too.

We went and fed the cat again, then to my relief, came home - I was so tired! For a few hours they had been scaling cliff-faces, climbing trees, clambering on boulders, scrambling up craggy hill-sides, plus throwing themselves around at church before that. I was ready for bed. It was 7pm so only half an hour to go til Freddie's bedtime. The first thing they said when we got in? "Can we go out on the bikes??!" We had a snack and were straight back out the front door, scooting up and and down the pavement (Bilbo on his BMX with a pet rat on his shoulder to boot)! Then we finally came in and while I was getting sorted for bedtime, I discovered them rigging up a makeshift tightrope in the bedroom!! Safe to say it is never, ever boring in my house!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment