Tuesday 16 May 2017

Life :)

I'm going to start writing some general musings on here again :) It might just be little insights into my life, there may be moments of inspiration - we'll see where it goes! I hope it will be a blessing somehow as life unfolds before us!

So just to get me started I'll think of it as a diary I guess - share what I've been up to and include any contemplations along the way if there are any! There may not be today!

So we had a fun day on Sunday :) We all enjoyed church. Included in the movement props during sung worship we had crash mats to see how far we could leap (we have had taped-out race tracks the last few weeks too - love a bit of boisterous-movement affirmation! [and, as an interesting side note: parkour is a category of contemporary dance :)]), then the older two were outdoors reenacting the ascension of Jesus (as you do) with the aid of a helium balloon :) I do not know if it had a face on it ;) Freddie was in the soft play as is his usual Sunday 'school' venue at our church :) Love it - church should be fun, and it is :) ❤️ I was actually in the service which is fairly unusual for me as I coordinate the 5-7s team, which is such a privilege and joy :)

 I made the mistake of throwing the afternoon open to the kids, and they wanted to go swimming - desperately and unanimously... I was sooo tired! But I made myself go :) We had loads of fun! (I'll leave out the bit on the way where we deliberated for half an hour at the McDonalds drive thru only to realise I'd forgotten my purse so cancelled the order with the non-plussed staff member, went all the way home for said purse with at least one child in meltdown, and then discovered I hadn't forgotten it after all...) 

Eddie can now swim unaccompanied so for the first time the older two were totally free to go off on the slides and really enjoy each other's company (and torment a few others'...) while I was only tethered to one non swimmer!! 

Yesterday (Monday) our school coffee morning's kettle set on fire and the whole school was evacuated - two fire engines etc, so that was a fun way to start the day! Bilbo was frustrated to see his prayers almost answered but not quite!! Freddie and I still got our cake for breakfast so we were happy... Then we went to Aldi followed by nursery for him while I spent the afternoon being productive - yay! -filling in forms - at least it's getting done... 

After having a school friend for a play and feeding a cat, and playing with our own animals, we managed despite/because of the cocopops and sweets we had just injested (which I let them have on my shopping days), to sit at the table to eat together (three of us anyway; I call that a win)! Chicken korma - which no one complained about!! -and wrote some things we're thankful for to put in our gratitude jar which lives on the table (and is labelled 'Yrattitude Jar' by my 7 year old) :) Then, because the kids found the buggy which has been unearthed to go on eBay, I ended up racing my oversized children up and down the street in that, to their squeals of glee, in the rain, til bedtime!! 

This morning Freddie and I went to Small Voices Big Noises at Walkley Library which is our highlight of the week :) The guy is brilliant with his guitar, violin, charisma, dancing and brilliant children's songs from around the world, my personal favourite today being Mr Kippety-Kay, an Australian offering :)

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment